In this release we’re updating Meeting Room Mode for iOS. Meeting Room Mode (MRM) lets you place a smartphone or tablet device permanently in a physical meeting room. MRM then displays ongoing and upcoming video meetings hosted on Videxio, Skype for Business, Bluejeans, Webex, Spark, Pexip, and Zoom, enabling one button to push functionality to dial in. No more long, complicated video addresses to enter, simply join your next scheduled video meeting with a single click!
Start Using MRM with the Steps Below:
- Open your device’s calendar app
- Add a new calendar account for the meeting room you’d like to add
- Select the physical meeting room’s calendar address that you’d like to display meetings from
- Install the latest version on the app (2.2+) on an iPad or iPhone
- Open the app and log in as a company administrator
- After you’ve logged in, grant access for My Meeting Video to sync with your device’s calendar (a popup will appear after installation)
- Tap the settings button in the lower right corner
- Select Calendar and ensure the physical meeting room is selected
- Under settings, enable Meeting Room Mode
- Select the video system in the meeting room where you’d like to permanently place the device
- All done! Now simply Attach place your device either outside the meeting room’s door, or inside near the video system so it’s easy for meeting participants to find.
- Some minor issues for iPhone X users
- If you tried to join as a guest for the first time, you couldn’t join a room without tapping on the video address input field first. Now you can join without tapping the video address input field
- We improved in-call performance by upgrading to the latest version of WebRTC
We hope you like Meeting Room Mode for iPad and iPhone. If you have any feedback on this guide or the release, please send us an email at email@example.com.