In an effort to make it simpler to participate in and manage your video meetings and calls, you might have seen we've added new functions to our web app. And alongside functions such as being able to mute your camera or microphone before joining a meeting, we updated the user interface for a simpler user experience.
However, what you may not know is that we've created a series of keyboard shortcuts to perform the most popular key actions on our service. This means it's even quicker for you to complete an action without getting distracted, or needing to disrupt other guests.
Don’t worry, you don’t need to be a keyboard warrior to master the list, just read this short— but 100% comprehensive— list!
Actions you can take before you join a meeting room:
1. Using 'a' or 'b' to join a meeting room:
- On the Welcome page, you can select to join a room through your browser, option A, or select option B to join with another device or app
- You can now press the a key to choose option A,
- Pressing the b key chooses option B
Select option A or B to join a meeting room
2. Pressing ESC to navigate back to the welcome screen:
- If you’ve selected option A to join a room in your browser, when you’ve reached your meeting room interface, you may want to go back to the Welcome page, for example if you decide to join a different meeting room
- Simply press ESC to take you back
- This is the same shortcut for option B on the Select device or app page
Press ESC to go back to the Welcome page
3. Using the number keys to select your device or app
After choosing option B, you can use the corresponding number key to select the device or app you want to use:
- Press 1 for PC/Mac
- Press 2 for videoconferencing hardware
- Press 3 for telephone
- For option 1 or 2, use keys 1 - 5 to select the relevant sub-option
Select your device or app using the number keys
Actions you can perform during a meeting or call:
4. Using single keys to control how you interact with the room and other guests
The shortcuts below make it quick and easy to perform a single action in the middle of a meeting, so you can spend more time dazzling your audience with your sparkling dialogue and polished presentations:
- Pressing c toggles your camera on / off
- Pressing m toggles your microphone on / off
- Press s to hide your own camera feed from your view
- Press f to expand to a full screen view
- Press p to share your screen
To read more about how we've made managing and participating in video meetings easier than ever before, you can read the full introduction to our user interface for web browsers here.